Ever since Apple released the new AirPods (wireless earbuds) with a built-in microphone for answering calls, everyone’s buzzing about the new wave of wearables, aka “hearables.”
Thanks to smaller, longer-lasting batteries, and advances in AI, the lowly earbud is the new darling of the Wearables industry. One of the most promising developments:
Wireless earbuds capable of translating person-to-person speech in real-time.
- instant audio and visual translation
- communicate more naturally between languages
- removes frustration and stress
- great for traveling & international business & conferences
- handy for visits with foreign in-laws
- 5 languages to begin: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian
- voice-calls, Siri, notifications
- group conversations
Pair earphones with the free app.Speak into the phone and the translated version appears on the other person’s phone and in their ear at the same time. A few caveats:
- All users must download the app and (ideally) have a set of earphones.
- Speakers must be within 5 feet of each other for Bluetooth to work (cannot be used by phone).
- Machine translation is not perfect and it will make mistakes sometimes, but the more people use it the better the translation engine becomes.
Original Founder: Andrew Ochoa:
Waverley Labs: http://www.waverlylabs.com/
Brooklyn, NY, USA
Successfully crowd-funded (3000%+) via Indie-Gogo. $199.00 – $249.00
Shipping worldwide: September 2017.
Waverley Labs: Real-time translation, even offline.